We engage with Central and State governments creating a favourable ecosystem for Semiconductor and ESDM industry in India. Governmental support is critical for the growth and sustenance of the industry. IESA regularly represents the industry at various forums within the government. As a knowledge partner in this sector, IESA helps by providing strategic direction to government initiatives.
IESA facilitates the growth of the sector across various states and creates opportunities for industry-government interactions at various levels.
- Recommendations for NPE 2012, NPE 2.0 & Draft Export Policy 2018.
- Implementation for Electopreneur Park.
- Co-chair & Industry Co-ordinator: India Japan JWG.
- Recommendations for Union Budget.
- Members of various Working Groups.
- Submitted the Draft Defence Electronics Policy: many Recomendations adopted as a part of DPP 2018.
- Prepared the DPR for Common Infrastructure for Testing and certification of Defence Electronics Products.
- Member of Program Steering Committee (PSC) for Technology center Systems Program (TCSP) with 3 Technology Centers (TCs) Focused on ESDM.
- Working to create an Institutional Mechanism to support Start-ups and MSMEs.
- Inputs/Recommendations for growth of the ESDM sector
- Member of committee on Fabless design
- Organised NSM conclave in partnership with NITI Aayog, DST, CDAC, & Meity
- Strategic Roadmap
- Inputs for ESDM Policies
- Brownfield & Greenfield EMCs
- Incubation Centers
- Skill Development
- Investment Promotion
- Greenfield EMC of 205 Acres at Infovalley, Bhubaneshwar received final approval under the EMC Scheme of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), with a project cost of Rs. 205 Crores.
- Prepared the Demand Assessment study for Greenfield EMC at Kakinada, Kerala, which was used as a foundation for the EMC application submitted by the state.
- Brownfield EMC (CFC) at Pune, Maharashtra recd. final approval with a project cost of Rs. 66 Crores
- Brownfield EMC (CFC) at Mysore, Karnataka recd. final approval under the EMC scheme of MeitY with a project cost of Rs. 30 Crores
- Brownfield EMC (CFC) at Aurangabad, Maharashtra recd. final approval under the EMC scheme of MeitY with a project cost of Rs. 47 Crores
ESDM Incubation Centres
- Incubation Centre at Bhubaneshwar, Odisha with a project cost of Rs. 23 crores approved by the State Govt. ; Project has been approved by MeitY
- Semiconductor Fabless Accelerator Lab (SFAL) , Bangalore with a project cost of Rs. 27 crores approved by the State Govt.
- Incubation Centre at Pune, Maharashtra with a project cost of Rs. 57 crores approved by the State Govt. , under approval from MeitY
Under the aegis of Ministry of IT and Electronics, Electropreneur Park will primarily aspire to contribute to the ESDM growth story of India. This will be achieved through creation of a holistic eco-system for encouraging R&D, innovation, Entrepreneurship in the ESDM sector in India. We emphasize on development of product and IP creation in the ESDM sector especially in the CAREL identified 6 mass consumption electronics products.
To know more: http://electropreneurpark.in/
IESA-KBITS jointly established India’s first Semiconductor Accelerator in Public-Private model. IESA member companies pledge support in the form of tools and mentorship. KITVEN’s KARSEMVEN fund charter modification to support semiconductor companies.
National Policies on Electronics
- National Policy on Electronics (NPE-2012) was notified on 19th November, 2012.
- Vision of NPE 2012: To create a globally competitive ESDM industry to meet the country’s need and serve the international market.
- Under the aegis of NPE-2012, several schemes have been formulated and initiatives taken to promote the entire value chain in ESDM.
Click here to know more: http://digitalindia.gov.in/writereaddata/files/5.Electronics.pdf