helpdesk is available before and during
the event. Some important information is
listed here, if you wish to know more about
the event, please email us
Hotel Leela Palace, Bangalore
in Google maps
A travel desk is available for participants
during the event to co-ordinate local and
outside travel. For more details, please
Discounted prices for accommodation at Hotel
Leela Palace, Bangalore are available for
registered delegates. Please download the
Other accommodation available in Bangalore
Check out this Rental Car Search for Car availability from Bangalore Airport
Cab services in Bangalore
A fast growing metropolis, the garden city
of Bangalore is the capital of the southern
Indian state of Karnataka. Situated at about
1000 meters above sea level, it is known
for its salubrious climate. The maximum
temperature in February is around 28 degrees
C and the minimum around 20 degrees C. It
is connected by air, rail and road to all
major cities of the country and has direct
international connections to many cities
Bangalore has many imposing
structures embracing historic and modern
architecture. The majestic Vidhana Soudha,
a magnificent post-independence structure
housing the State legislature and Secretariat,
stands in the center of the city with its
attractive dome and galleries.
The city has several institutions
of Learning and Research. Many of them such
as the Indian Institute of Science, Raman
Research Institute, National Institute of
Mental health and Neuro-Sciences, National
Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore University
have earned worldwide acclaim.
The city abounds in picturesque
parks and gardens and other scenic spots.
The extensive stretch of green land of Cubbon
Park and the enchanting botanical gardens
with Glass-House of Lal-Bagh, both situated
right in the middle of the metropolis, lend
all the charming grandeur to the city. About
20 Km from the city is situated the Bannerghatta
DID YOU KNOW....................
- Bangalore has the impeccable record of highest growth in 20 years.(as of 2005)
- Bangalore has highest number of Pubs in Asia.
- Bangalore has highest number of cigarette smokers in India.
- Bangalore has the highest number of software companies in India 242, followed by Hyderabad -178, Pune - 127. Hence called the Silicon Valley of India.
- Bangalore has 21 engineering colleges, which is highest in the world in any given city.
- Bangalore University has 57 Engineering Colleges affiliated to it, which is highest in the world.
- Bangalore is the only city in the world to have commercial and defence airport operating from the same strip.
- Bangalore was the first city in India to receive electricity.
- Bangalore has highest number of Public sectors and Government organizations in India.
- Bangalore University has highest number of students going Abroad for higher studies taking the first place from IIT-Kanpur.
- Bangalore has only 41% of local population(i.e.Kannadigas). Hence a true cosmopolitan with around 21% Tamilians, 15% Telugites, 11% Keralites, 6% Europeans, 6% a mixture of all races.
- Bangalore Police has the reputation of being the second best in India after New Delhi Police.
- Bangalore has the highest density of traffic in India.
- Bangalore has the highest number of 2-wheelers in the world and also the dubious reputation for the highest 2-wheeler thefts.
- Bangalore is considered the Fashion Capital of East comparable to Paris.
- Bangalore is rated one of the Cleanest cities in India.
- Bangalore has produced the maximum International Sports persons in India for all sports ahead of even Mumbai & Delhi.
- Bangalore has the highest number of Anglo-Indians in India.
- Bangalore has the richest people in India. The line of poverty is the least of all cities of the world.
- Bangalore has produced the maximum number of scientists considered for Nobel Prize nominations (from India).
- Bangalore's Lalbagh botanical gardens is credited to have one of the most diverse man made collection of flora.
- Bangalore has produced the highest number of professionals in USA almost 60% of the Indian population abroad is from Bangalore (except Gulf).